Just Say No To Added Sugar!
21-Day No Added Sugar Challenge by Riddhi Shah
This challenge will go beyond simply "eating healthy". First what is allowed: sugar in the form of fruits, sweet potatoes or dairy is allowed. Yogurt that is naturally unsweetened with less than 10 grams of sugar per serving is also acceptable.
Try to read the label on every package, the food must pass the Altman Rule (protein + fiber > sugar, fiber at least 3g) or have 2g sugar or less per serving
Now for the tough part. 6 Rules to Follow:
- No desserts (except if it's a piece of fruit)
- No drinks with added sugar (soda, iced tea, fruit juice, energy drinks, etc)
- No alcohol
- No sugar substitutes such as Stevia, Equal, Splenda, etc. These can become addicting as well, and cause the same cravings that sugar does
- No refined carbs - stick with whole wheat only
- Avoid sweet condiments - you'd be amazed at the amount of sugar in ketchup, BBQ sauce and salad dressings
To help you stay on track, each day in the action plan will include a recipe, reference material on how sugar affects the body or a tip on how to maintain a sugar free diet. For example, we will discuss how to eat healthy while traveling, how to fight sugar cravings, and what to do if you fall off the wagon. A “make” can be a photo or a comment about that day’s actions.
I know it sounds tough, that’s because it is! We’re all in it together though!
HOW TO PLAY
Follow along this action plan and make it at least 3 times a week in this 3-week group challenge.
Be sure to Make It (or take an Off Day) every day and share your photo or location proofs with your team.
SUPPORT YOUR TEAM
Support each other by leaving bumps and replies for your teammates as you make progress.
And, you can always play a power or quote card to keep the team going!
DON'T FORGET ...
Feel free to leave comments for your host and teammates with any questions, thoughts, etc.
And, if you haven't already, invite your most supportive friends, family and peers along for fun and support!